
Well, I managed to find yet another yarn shop. Knittin in LaJolla is found on one of the main strips (prospect Pl), It is in back of a Fondue restaurant. It took me 3 walks around the block to realize that either I was just blind or the store had moved. The address is 909. I saw 910 but directly accross the street was not 909. Finally I gave up and called.
Definitely had a clustered, unorganized feel but I was willing to manage through it for the eclectic atmosphere. I found some great old Interweave crochet magazines for $2.00. Got my hands on some old Berroco pamphlets I thought only the ancient world crocheters had. And last but not least I grabbed the new Tahki Stacy Charles, Superior Crochet, Filatura Di Crosa. I fell in love with the book and happily paid $8.00 for the 8 pattern book. This is in lace weight and I found the projects so beautiful that I just had to run out and get some inexpensive skeins for me to try out one of the patterns. (So an Internet trip to knit picks and $50.00 later) I am ready to do battle. I am not really a lace weight person but I have to give at least one of these projects a try. They are all very lovely.
I did get some crocheting done today. I sat on the pier in San Diego and did 3 or 4 rounds on my crochet-a-long project. The group I am with chose the Oasis Wrap by Naturally Caron, made with Spa. I am making it in Mondial and while I may suggest not to use a variegated colorway the yarn itself is very nice. Besides it was part of my stash.

No comments:
Post a Comment