

Hey everybody,
Well you can tell from the title I was able to go on walkabout again. I hit some pretty nice shops in the NE. The first stop was a store called "Downtown yarns" in NYC. It was pretty small compared to what I am use to but the still the traditional independent yarn shop. It is located in the Lower East Village (next to a housing project) but I didn't let that deter me. It was on Avenue A between 3rd and 4th. The shop had some really cool samples. The yarn selection was a little small but since I am so fond of cotton yarn I had to pick up a couple of contrasting skeins to make a scarf. i was thinking of making one in the block pattern I am so fond of. From there I had to get some coffee at this little shop called "The Coffee Bean" (Or at least that is what I thought it said. It was on the corner of 3rd and 1st Ave. An easy one block walk. It had the great bohemian look to it with very little space but a great coffee smell. I could tell it was pretty good by the number of people that were occupying valuable space. : )
The next day as I was leaving I had to take the time to stop by the couple of yarn shops that are open on Monday. The first one was 'the Loop". It is in the historic district where the culture is plenty and the parking is few. I can tell you it was worth the drive. I loved it. I bought a few skeins of sale yarn for a baby outfit I am making in pink, light sage and ivory. I can't wait to see how it comes out.
After that I drove (6 blocks) over to Rosie's yarn cellar. Talk about a great selection and the ambiance of the place is just awesome. I got some Debbie Bliss alpaca silk on sale for a couple of scarves. Let me tell you that while I liked Rosie's I really liked The Loop. They have this great area to sit and relax. They are very comfortable with new shoppers. They are actually trying to get more items in for crocheters. So, enough of my all around the NE yarn canvassing. It is back to the sunny south and more work.
until next blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment