Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Day of Relaxation


Or at least that was the plan. I was going to veg out, top of a great bottle of wine, order a gourmet pizza, watch an old movie (Fred Astaire maybe) and crochet.


The day did not exactly go to plan.


I did finish the Green, White & Pink Granny Square blanket. I am trying to upload the picture now.


I decided to pull the digital camera out of the closet, maybe brush off the dust. After looking for an hour I realized it didn't have dust because my 16 year old had confiscated it. So after I went on a search through the wilderness he calls his room I found the camera. Beat up but still functional.


Next my significant other called me on my cell. Not even 2 minutes into the conversation my phone dies for no apparent reason. Next comes my 3 hour jaunt to the Sprint store. Only to find out that they have to replace the phone but none are in stock. So now I have to deal with talking with people as I hang up on them (not purposeful of course) until Wednesday.


So, onto the crocheting. As I said, I finished the blanket and started a new one. All for charity. But this will be the last one for at least a couple of months. I am starting to get a little selfish. I want to make clothes for myself. I have got the fever now. I made a brown sweater in Red Heart Soft and I can't wait to do more. Just the thought of wearing my own creations gives me a rush. It is like in the Lion King when they say Mufasa's name around the hyenas. ( I just get shivers)
Well, I hope that you like the blanket. The wine is calling my name.


No comments: